Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sunday Funday!

We had a very busy Sunday! I pretty much finished up my Christmas shopping. I won't discuss that, though since it would spoil the surprise for some of my most loyal followers. But, I was also able to talk Ed into doing some apartment decorating shopping with me while we were out. Our first stop was Ikea where we ate at an Austin-inspired food truck. Apparently they're getting together a food truck park area in Tempe similar to the one in Austin. AND, they told us that they are refurbishing a vintage 1940s New York Mr. Softee truck. So exciting! We had such a fun day, I of course documented it with my fancy new iphone camera...
Food truck!
Best burger of all time. They also had bacon fritters... I passed. Ed did not. 
I bought some drapes for the dining room and a floor lamp for my bedroom at Ikea and will post photos once everything is installed, but above is a print that is a must-have. It's HUGE and has inspired a whole new design scheme for my bedroom!


After Ikea we stopped by the Antique Trove. My main goal was to find a vintage trunk to use as a coffee table. But of course I found a ton of other fun stuff instead. I loved this RETRO sign... Not sure what I would do with it, but it is super cool!

Ed found ways to entertain himself in the antique store. We got separated for a few minutes, and this is how I found him. 
I am OBSESSED with these yellow chairs!!! They were only $85 each and I only need one for my bedroom. How good would it look in my room with that Paris print, by black and white damask comforter and a mirrored vanity with a cool antique mirror above it?
I did find the perfect trunk, but of course it was sold. Boo!

After such a long day, I was very disappointed that we bought the wrong light bulbs for my lamp AND the wrong curtain rods for my curtains at Home Depot. I like the instant gratification of getting everything up as soon as I get home. I think Ed was devastated too (sarcastic font). So, hopefully I'll have updated apartment pics tomorrow night. Also, hoping that he caught my subtle hints today about the Paris print and yellow chair. They would make excellent Christmas surprises!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment