Sunday, January 1, 2012

Feeling the Travel Bug

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine

Although it is quite obvious that Christmas is my most favorite time of year, I always feel nice and refreshed when it is all over and it is time to look ahead to a new year. Along with Christmas, traveling is also high on my list of favorite things. I spent most of last year making a huge transition with my move to Scottsdale and now that I am nice and settled in, I'm getting the travel bug. So inspired my new blog header. 

I'm not very big on new years resolutions. Every now and then I'll make one, but I rarely follow it. And, this year I feel quite content in where I am and my outlook on life. 

Maybe, this year I'll start a "vision board". I think that's what you call them... It's when you cut out pictures of the things you really want and create a board somewhere where you often look at it. I saw on Oprah a long time ago that if you have a vision board, the likelihood of you achieving your vision or goal is much higher. I believe it, because it is a constant reminder of what you really want. And, if you always have a visual of your goals and the things you really want, then it blocks a lot of the daily distractions that keep you from achieving them. 

Goals I want to achieve: advance in my career, get married ;), TRAVEL MORE, move back to New York and find new ways to use and develop my creativity.

Things I want: a new coffee table, dining table, side tables, cool antiques and fabulous clothes of course.

I probably won't be able to purchase/achieve all of these things in just 1 year, but at least I know what I want and feel confident I can achieve most of them. Travel is top on my list right now! Time to start making some plans... Too bad I don't have unlimited funds, but I usually find a way :) So here is to a new year of excitement and exploration! Can't wait to see what it will bring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment