Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Fun-Filled Family Weekend!



We had such a fun weekend! It went by too fast :( When they arrived Thursday we went to dinner with Ed and his family at my favorite Mexican restaurant, Ajo Als. Lori and Ed's family had never met, so it was kind of a big deal in my mind. It went really well though, and then it was time to come to my apartment and introduce the newest family member. Scarlet immediately knew that these people were very close to me. It's funny how they can sense that. She attached to them so fast and when she started barking at their luggage and then running circles through the apartment, Lori confirmed that she fit in just fine with our other weirdo dogs.

Friday, we went to brunch then spent the whole day shopping at Fashion Square (where I work). Lori got some really cute things from Free People and my mom got a fabulous dress for an event she has coming up. My mom and I also got some awesomely awful dresses for Lori's Jersey Shore birthday party. After such a long day of shopping, we went to Stingray for some yummy sushi and happy hour. Saturday we just relaxed by my pool and refueled for my mom's birthday dinner at Cheesecake Factory. We of course ate way to much but it was all SO GOOD! 

Sunday, was finally our spa day. We went to the Spa at Camelback Inn which makes the top 25 best spa list every year. And, judging by the massages we had, we agree. I'm still sore! We did a little more sunbathing and shopping after that, then went to Oregano's (another favorite restaurant) for dinner. Again, delicious. 

When they left me yesterday, they left me sunburned, sore and 3 pounds heavier. Totally worth it, though! I'm working on convincing them to just move here. Not sure if I'll ever convince Lori. She compared the heat to the 7th circle of hell. I think she might change her mind when they come back this winter, though. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment