Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Once Upon a Time....



5 years ago today, I met Ed. Those who don't know the story might be wondering how the picture above relates to that, but this picture was taken just moments before Ed came wandering aimlessly into my life at The Zoo in Cabo San Lucas. 

Many things had to happen for Ed and I to meet. First, my friends and I had never even heard of Cabo much less thought of going there for spring break until we all became obsessed with the popular MTV reality show Laguna Beach. After seeing how fun it looked on that show, we decided to go there instead of Destin like we did every other year. 

Second, the basketball team that Ed worked for lost during playoffs just in time to free him up to even be able to go on a spring break trip. Even then, it was too late to sign up, but one of his friends backed out so Ed took his spot. And, finally, Ed somehow lost his friends that night and came across my friends and me while trying to find them. 

There were many other things that happened to make everything fall into place for us to meet (some of which I'm sure I don't even know about). I wouldn't say it was love at first sight necessarily, but there was definitely an instant connection between us. And, now, 5 years later we are finally going to be in the same place and live happily ever after :) 

Ok, maybe I live in fairy tale land, but I like it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment