Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Places I'm Dying To Go: Cinque Terre


I've always been the exploring type. I want to see as much of the world as possible before I die. In 2009, I was lucky enough to go on a month-long tour of 7 European cities with one of my best friends. We documented this trip in another blog, Kay and Benay in Europe if you're interested in checking it out. That trip made my desire for travel grow into an addiction. 


So, since I'm not at a point in my life right now that I can do all of the traveling I want, I have decided to vent about the places I am dying to go to. The first is Cinque Terre. I've heard from several regular travelers it is one of the most beautiful places in Europe and the pictures above prove they aren't lying. The city is famous for its 5 historic villages that rest upon cliffs on the Italian Riviera... Two of my favorite things: beaches and history! I love the idea of being able to lay out on a pretty beach, stroll through old narrow alleyways, photograph beautiful landscapes and architecture that has been around for centuries , and gorge on some Italian food and wine all in one place! Mmmmmmmmmm!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! So should have gone here instead of Florence. Too bad we didn't find out about it until AFTER we booked our trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I could so go for some italian food/wine and frolicking right now.

    Well, not too much wine. It makes it hard to frolic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leah! I found you're blog on Facebook. Nice work!
    I've been to Cinque Terre. By far my favorite place EVER. Definitely hit me up if you ever go. I've sent many people to my favorite restaurant :-)
    Hope you're doing well and congrats on the move!
    Kate Cavanna

    ReplyDelete