Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Phone Date

One of the most annoying symptoms of the QLC is finding yourself having to schedule time to even talk to your girlfriends. I mean, in college finding time for friends wasn't even an issue... It was your lifestyle to be surrounded by them all of the time. 

What I have come to realize recently is that becoming an "adult" means that friends can no longer be your top priority. Everyone moves on to other things. For some it's their career, others it's their man (or man of the month) and some are just flat out bad at keeping in touch. You know who you are! I know I'm even guilty of forgetting to return phone calls, but that doesn't mean I don't put a high value on my friendships.

The fact is, we all have different individual lives now and have to adjust our relationships accordingly. Some friends drift so far that you end up letting them go and then you are left with the ones who are truly your bffs. These are the friends that you find yourself scheduling these "phone dates" with. It's sad, but honestly I hear it, say it, and see it on facebook all of the time: "We need a phone date!" So this is what our friendships are reduced to? Boo!  




No comments:

Post a Comment