Monday, May 30, 2011

Back to Reality



Well our vacation is over. Sigh. It's always depressing when you first go back to the daily grind right after a nice relaxing vacation. And of course no trip of mine would be complete without atleast one loss or breakage. This one was so good it had both. The screen on my iPhone shattered on our second to last night and another pair of sunglasses were lost at sea. I actually lost those sunglasses twice this trip but they were recovered when I left them at the wedding. The ocean wasn't so kind! The bright side is that I'm eligible for an upgrade on my phone so I'll be able to get a new and improved iPhone that will be a lot faster and have a way better camera. Yaaaaay! As for the sunglasses, I learned a long time ago not to take the Pradas to the beach so these $12 shades can easily be replaced!

But the most comforting thing about coming back from this trip is that I'm not having to say goodbye to Ed. That always made it so much worse when we vacationed together before. This is actually the first trip we've ever flown together on. And except for our delay in Houston which caused us to spend the night there on the way to Jackson it has been pretty nice. Having a shoulder to sleep on, someone to buy me candy and magazines and carry my bags... A big improvement from doing everything myself and uncontrollably crying in front of the unsympathetic TSA workers. 

So back to reality we go! Bye Carmie. Bye Nathan. Bye beach. Bye villa. Bye over-eating. I can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment