Tuesday, May 31, 2011

OB-sessions: Going Sheer!


I am so obsessed with the sheer trend going on right now. From tunics to dresses to rompers, the sheer fabric gives everything that special whimsical feel. I bought the dress/skirt in the last picture from Free People and my mom said my Granddaddy would have told me that I looked like a fairy in it. I like that :)  

The most important thing in pulling off this look is finding the right under-garment. For my sheer dresses I purchased a super-fitted tube slip to go underneath. So far, I've purchased it in grey and ivory, but I have a feeling the more sheer pieces I buy the more colors I will need. The color underneath is important because it doesn't need to take away from the sheer aspect of the dress. You want it to be subtle and leave people wondering how you are wearing such a see-through dress without showing all of your stuff! If worn the right way this look can be sheer genius :)




1 comment: