Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fashion Police: Black Velvet

Ok, so it's not that I have a problem with black velvet dresses. I actually think they are very pretty. But, the other day as I was lying by my pool in the 100 degree Scottsdale temperature flipping through the May issue of InStyle I see that this is "The Look" right now. Maybe I'm just confused because I'm living in desert climate, but how is a black velvet dress the best look they could come up with for their MAY issue? With all of the gorgeous colorful summer dresses I've been seeing around, I just don't get it. I usually love every page of InStyle and this definitely won't stop them from being my favorite fashion magazine, but whose idea was this? It was quite a disappointment. And, on top of the unseasonable fabric of the dress, they also love that fish purse she is carrying! If I remember correctly, wasn't Carrie Bradshaw even offended when given a purse that looked a lot like this? I think it was The Russian who gave it to her and she was so in shock all she could come up with to say was "I love you." All I can say is that if something is too far out there for Carrie Bradshaw, it's too far out there for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment