Sunday, July 24, 2011

Dream House: 36 Gramercy Park East

It's no secret that I miss NYC and dream of one day moving back there. WHEN I do, I want to live in my dream apartment at 36 Gramercy Park East. Of course, the living room would be decorated with that bohemian vintage style I love so much like in the 3rd photo and my bedroom would have to be old-timey, cozy and romantic like in the last picture. 

When I first moved to New York, I lived just 2 blocks from this building and even after exploring for a year and a half, it is still my favorite building in the city. It was built in 1909 and just became a "for sale only" building within the last few years (bummer). Before this, studios were going for $2000/month. For those of you who don't know, that's not extremely expensive in NYC. Carmen and I paid $2700 for an apartment that could barely be called a 2 bedroom, had no closets, no washer and dryer, no dishwasher and no bathroom sink... Yes, we brushed our teeth in the kitchen. Totally worth it though!

But, now the least expensive condo in this amazing building is almost half a million dollars!!! I may need to start a new career path because one day I WILL have a condo here. When I say I WILL that means I WILL it to happen. When I WILL something to happen, that means I want it so bad that I will at some point make it happen. It's worked for me so far in life (except for when I will Ole Miss to win, but we all know no one can control them). 




No comments:

Post a Comment