Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer Movie Time!!!


Ok, I know I've been MIA lately, but this whole spending freeze thing has left me quite uninspired. I haven't been doing anything, buying anything and I've even tried to limit my internet time because it always leads me to something else that I will want! So, to keep myself entertained I've been having movie time. Turns out, it is the perfect activity for these hot summer months.

Ed got me a Netflix account for my birthday last year. It is my second favorite gift he's ever given me (behind Scarlet of course). So, I've been taking full advantage of all of these free movies at my fingertips. With the new and last Harry Potter movie coming out in just a few days, I've been getting ready by watching ALL SEVEN Harry Potter movies leading up to this one. That has really helped keep me busy. 

Netflix is actually really good at suggesting movies based on other movies I like. It noticed that I liked period films with a strong female lead (haha) and suggested Dangerous Beauty. I read that it was set in Venice (one of my favorite places on earth) so I said ok send it to me. It is now one of my all time favorite movies... SO GOOD! I definitely recommend it, but avoid watching it with your parents or grandparents.. Just saying.

I've also been re-watching (for the millionth time) some oldies but goodies like The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood and Pride and Prejudice. Next on my queue: Inception (seen it, loved it, want to see again) and Due Date. Yes, I am a loser, but this is all I can afford to do right now! Anyone have any good movie suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment