Friday, July 8, 2011

Life Lessons: Sacrifice

Sacrifice is giving up something good for something better.


Recently, I put together a budget for the next couple of months due to several trips I have coming up plus a recently added expense named Scarlet. Let's just say I had a reality check. Up until this point, things have been pretty easy. I've actually been able to do more shopping than I thought I would after my move. But during these next couple of months I am on a major spending freeze. And it will probably carry over into the holidays that will be here before we know it! I've eliminated my morning coffee, been eating whatever I can scrounge up around the apartment instead of getting take out, and have limited my daily yogurt to just a few times per week (I can't completely give that up). I even returned that cute pink fringe kimono from the Good Buys: Fringe Kimonos post :( And, on top of all that, we keep getting so many cute things in at the store that are so hard to resist. Being broke and working in retail is the worst!


Although an unlimited budget and zero credit card debt would be ideal, I keep reminding myself of what I'm giving all of these things up for... My mom and Lori are visiting in 3 weeks and we are going to do so many fun things including a spa day at a luxury resort!! In August, I'm going home for Lori's 30th birthday party and an end of summer trip to Destin. And, I have Scarlet. I think I've made it pretty obvious how happy she has made my life. All in all, my "problems" are pretty frivolous and are just part of the growing up process I guess.... If anyone has some money saving tips, I'm all ears!

1 comment:

  1. I understand your pain! We are on a cash system with a strict budget in order to pay off debt. The worst part is--it's only school debt, no credit cards or anything like that. Yup, growing up stinks but knowing there will be enough money to take spontaneous trips and pay bills is worth it ;)

    ReplyDelete