Friday, September 2, 2011

Vacation Recap

Lori's Jersey Shore Birthday Party

Lucy, Hulia and Latifa

The classiest family photo we've ever taken. I'm still laughing at how freakishly tan Ben looks.

Birthday Girl!

The view from our room in Destin

 Strolling the beach


Enjoying the crystal-clear water with Muna 

 Heaven

 Hell

The sweetest pic ever taken

Ok, I know I have been a lazy blogger lately, but I have had a really good excuse. Last Friday, I went home for Lori's week-long 30th birthday celebration. We kicked it off with a bang Saturday night with her Jersey Shore birthday party complete with disco balls, a Jersey-licious cake, fake tans, Snooki bumps and lots and lots of leopard print!

The next morning we rolled out of bed bright and early to head for Destin. Although we were quite dysfunctional, we managed to get there in time to enjoy some beach time and go to one of our favorite beach side restaurants. We pretty much spent the whole trip lounging on the beach, reading gossip magazines, lounging in the hotel, eating yummy seafood, laughing and planning what we would do if the 3 lottery tickets I purchased had the winning numbers. I won't get into that, but it was quite entertaining. Unfortunately, I didn't win :(

It was the perfect trip until I tried to get back to AZ. First, the zipper had broken on my bag, so I neatly taped it shut. But, of course TSA decided to search it and the end result is what you see above in the second to last picture. Then, my flight to Miami was diverted to Ft. Myers to refuel which made me miss my connection which led to me also having to stop in Dallas. Not to mention, I had a window seat on my original flight and of course was stuck in the middle on the one they squeezed me on. After it was all said and done, I spent over 12 hours traveling to 5 different airports yesterday with a taped up ghetto suitcase.

But, the absolute worst part about it all was that I didn't make it home in time to pick up Scarlet. Ed and his family were keeping her, but they left for their beach vacation yesterday and we had it timed perfectly for me to get her. But, due to my delays, she had to stay the night at the Petsmart hotel. To make Scarlet more at ease, they put Ed's Golden Retriever, Lilly, in the small dog room with her so she wouldn't be alone, and the last picture is how I found them when I went to pick her up today. What you can't see in the picture is that there were like 15 other dogs in there barking and going crazy, but Lilly and Scarlet were in their own little world being sweet girls and cuddling :) Lilly was such a good babysitter!

After such a fun trip, a loooong day of traveling, and then an early morning work day today, I am now home on my comfy couch and am preparing for a night of cuddling with Scarlet and catching up on my DVR. Life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment