Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What inspires you?

Yesterday at work, we got to talking about what inspires us. I consider myself to be quite a boring person. I don't have any super exciting eccentric hobbies or anything like that. My job offers a creative outlet for me, so when I get home I usually just relax on my comfy couch in my comfy clothes with Ed and Scarlet and watch some good ole mindless television. It's how I unwind. 

So, at first, trying to figure out what inspires me was a little difficult. I'm not a reader or an artist or an outdoors girl... So what is it that gets me excited and inspired? Then it hit me. I love old architecture and history... These are the main inspiration behind my desire to travel. When I think about all of the places I really love or really want to see, its the history and beautiful scenery of each place that draws me to it... Places I love: Oxford, New York, New Orleans, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Venice, etc... Places I want to see: Greece, Switzerland, Ireland, San Francisco, Germany, Monte Carlo, etc. All cities/countries rich with history and beautiful surroundings. 

Even searching weheartit.com for inspiring photos got my heart racing. Why don't we take the time anymore to put all of those beautiful details into today's architecture? It seems like in the old days, buildings were looked at as works of art. I know it makes them more expensive, but isn't it worth it? Everything built these days is just so generic and boring... Blah!

Anyway, I hope these photos leave you as inspired as they make me... Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment