Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Featured Artist: Virginia Patton





I took an art class every year of highschool and I remember my senior year pottery teacher telling me, "Leah, you need to remember to control the clay, don't let it control you." For some reason, though, I never could make that stupid clay do what I wanted it to do!!! Needless to say, I've accepted the fact that although I may be pretty creative, I am NOT artistic.


But somehow I've managed to surround myself with some crazy talented artistic friends. Maybe I'm hoping some of their abilities will rub off on me. Today, I'm featuring my friend, Virginia. Among her many talents, she designs some AWESOME jewelry that appeals to people of all ages. Above are just a few of her creations, including the bracelet that I just purchased (last picture) and LOVE! Her bracelets are my favorite, but she does it all, including headbands!!!


So for those of you who don't already know, you can find her stuff at Shoe Bar by Pieces in Fondren and on Etsy. Just search VLPatton1 under sellers. The bracelet I ordered was super affordable, high quality and arrived in just 2 days!!! I can't wait to see what she comes up with next!

No comments:

Post a Comment