Friday, April 1, 2011

One Chapter Ends....

There have been several times these last two years (since leaving New York) that I have felt frustrated with this "transition period" I've been in. It is a common symptom of the QLC. You start to feel insecure about your future because you have no idea where it is going to take you. 

My mom relates my situation to an airplane holding pattern: when an airport is too busy, so planes start circling waiting for their turn to land. I would say that is an accurate description of this phase. It is hard for someone like me because I'm not very patient and I like to make plans and making plans is impossible when you are "waiting to land." However, I have said several times that although this might be one of the most difficult times of my life, I believe it is also one of the best times. I have been able to do so many amazing things these last two years. 

Here are some highlights.....

I went on a month long tour of Europe with my bestie, Carmen


Threw a baby shower for my other bestie, Stephanie

Made several trips to Destin

Did A LOT OF tailgating

Was Beyonce for a day (major highlight)

Spent my Great Granddaddy's 103rd and final birthday with him

Relived the good ole college days in Oxford with my other besties

Made a trip back to NYC to see Lady Gaga at Radio City

Spent Valentine's Day at the Grand Canyon with Ed

Spent the 4th of July In NY/CT with Ed and his family

Got some rare Ed + Bestie time in NoLa

Made another holiday family trip to NYC

Rang in 2011 on a ski trip with Ed

Proudly watched my mom become one of the Top 50 Business Women of MS

And made some amazing new friends at work!





When I put it all down in front of me like this, I am able to see how truly blessed I have been. I can only hope my next chapter will be as amazing as this one was. Now... Time to go pack!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment