Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Getting Settled

I LOVE my new apartment! There's not much to it right now, but here are a few in-progress photos....

This is the view of the living and dining rooms when you walk in. Obviously, I have some shopping to do. The first things on my list are a tv stand, coffee table, side tables, table cloth and chairs for the dining table Ed's sister gave me and drapes to cover those yucky vertical blinds.


I wanted to have a cute little moment right when you walk in. The table was Muna's she got back in the 70's. Love it! I still haven't hung anything, so Audrey is just having to lean right now.

The view from the dining room into the living room. Remember the rug? I'm so happy I got it! I'm thinking a big cool mirror for above the sofa and I said before, I'm in desperate need of tables! 

Turn around and find my patio. Ed's family surprised me with the chairs when I got here :) It drastically cools down here in the mornings and evenings, so I am really going to enjoy those!

Here is my bedroom which also has a sliding door out to the patio. My mom got me this bedding a few years ago and my sister gave me the bed and sheets. 

This dresser was also Muna's, but from the 50's. It needs another coat of paint and as you can see, I haven't attached the mirror to it yet. The white milk glass vase was my great grandmother's. I need to get some fresh flowers to put in it.

I'm enjoying all the space that comes with having my very own place. I have a coat closet, too where I put all of my sweaters and coats that I'll probably only be able to wear for about a month here.

Bathroom.. Not a whole lot to it.

I love that the bathroom attaches to the living room and bedroom.

So, as you can see things are coming along and I'm getting settled in pretty quickly. I got so lucky that I had so many people wanting to get rid of stuff right before my move. Not sure what I would have done without it! I'll post more pictures after I do some shopping in the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment