Saturday, April 16, 2011

Treasure Hunting

Yesterday, I took advantage of my Friday afternoon off and did some treasure hunting after work. One of the FP girls told me a few places I should look and I fell in love with one of them, The Antique Trove. They had SO much cool stuff and most of it was super cheap. What I desperately need next is a coffee table, a table cloth and chairs for my dining table and curtains. I feel like those things need to be purchased first to determine what accessories would work best.  


But of course, what I fall in love with are things that I really don't need. I loved the bar cart in the third picture, but what am I going to do with that?!? It was only $35 though!!!! And, I think I have an obsession with lamps. As you can see, there were so many to choose from (most of which were under $75) I couldn't even narrow them down to even think about buying just one. So, I decided to wait and try to picture which ones would look best with all of my other stuff. Opinions are welcome (especially from all of my design friends out there)!

4 comments:

  1. LEAH! First of all, I can't tell you how much I miss your sweet face. I hope work is going well though and that you are loving Arizona! Secondly, I love your blog! It's such a good way for me to at least know a little bit about what you are up to :) I love any kindof antique/flea market type store, too! Looks like you found some good little treasures :) I totally understand your obsession of lamps. They are such fun accent pieces. Good luck finding the perfect one! By the way, hope to see you in May at Meagan's wedding :))

    -Haley Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could treasure hunt with you! In the top pic, I love the white cylindrical shaped lamp base on the left. It would work with with everything and you can always change up the shade to add pattern or color. Also love those bottles, so pretty! The bar cart could be used in the kitchen, bathroom, or could be as an end table if it isn't too tall? Did you end up getting anything?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haley, you are so sweet! And, yes you will be seeing me at Meagan's wedding. I can't wait!

    Carmen, I was hoping you would chime in. I loved that lamp, too. As always, you have good taste because I think that was one of the more expensive ones (somewhere around $95). But I think it is still worth that. Good idea about the bar cart as an end table. I didn't think about that! I think I'm for sure going back for it now! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, did you notice the round multi-colored hanging lamp in the last picture? I'm obsessed! Idk how much it is tho.

    ReplyDelete