Thursday, June 16, 2011

Bad Things Happen in Threes

Just when I'm starting to fly, something happens to get me down! Yesterday was my day off, and it wasn't the best... It started out well enough at the pool with my friend, Alex, but it was there where I was stung on the back by a wasp! It hurt SO BAD and is still sore :( Then, Ed had to work late so I spent the whole afternoon at my apartment.... alone. I do love my Leah time, but if I get too much of it I get lonely. And, then to top it all off, I got an email right before bed last night letting me know that my adoption of a Cavalier King Charles puppy (that I thought was a pretty sure thing) wasn't going to work out. I was SO disappointed because of course I had gotten my hopes up! I've been in a funk all day about it. 


But, I'm sure another opportunity will come along. What I've learned from past disappointments is that I always look back and understand why it wasn't meant to be. I think God knows that when I get my heart set on something I won't stop until I get it (I tend to be a bit hard-headed), so sometimes He just shuts doors until it is the right time for them to open. This is why I'm trying not to let it get me down... Luckily, I got some things today that helped cheer me up.....


Ed got me flowers :)

I bought a super cute scarf from work... Retail Therapy is the best!

And, then I got home to find that my Anthro order had arrived! I got my curtains and immediately threw them up to see how they looked. Perfection!

I got a book... City Style, A Field Guide to Global Fashion Capitals. It will come in handy the next time I get the chance to do some traveling!

And, some new, much needed shoes!
And, of course I got it all at such a good deal that it was practically free! My rug is backordered and won't arrive until mid-July, but all of this was enough to make me feel better and remind me that I am a lucky girl! Now, I can get back to flying :)




1 comment:

  1. i swear I still can't believe that wasp stung you! I felt soo bad!

    ReplyDelete