Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Burning House


One of the many things I love about working for a company like Free People is the importance they place on inspiration. Not many people can say that they are creatively inspired on a regular basis at work. The latest project we have been assigned draws inspiration from the website The Burning House. It is a website where people can go and upload photos of what they would save from a burning house (which sadly a lot of people here in AZ are having to do right now). So, we've been assigned to take a photo of the items we would save as a way of getting to know everyone better and I have posted mine above. A lot of my special childhood things that I would save aren't here with me in AZ, so I chose items that are absolute necessities in my life along with sentimental items and some pieces that I worked hard for and feel would be hard to replace. We were also told to have atleast 2 clothing items and as you can see, I had trouble narrowing that down to just 2.


1. Muna's table from the 70s she gave to my mom and my mom gave to me.. I just love it!
2. The scarf that Muna splurged on for me because she said I had to have it for my trip to Europe a few years ago
3. Frye boots that need a new sole because I wear them so much
4. Cynthia Rowley bag - my first major splurge on a bag as an adult
5. Henri Bendel Disturbed Stripe Travel Duffle - my most recent major splurge on a bag as an adult
6. Henri Bendel clutch - a must have for special occasions
7. Make-up bag - Duh
8. My Great Grandmother's milk glass vases
9. Macbook - for practical AND sentimental reasons.. I have over 11,000 pictures on that thing!
10. My Question a Day Journal
11. Pradas - they usually stay glued to my face
12. Passport - yes, it can be replaced, but my stamps on it can't.
13. Lip balm - addiction
14. iPhone - another addiction
15. Leather jacket - timeless and fits me perfectly
16. Lace-trimmed tank - the perfect layer under any top
17. Beaded necklace - makes every outfit cuter
18. Black booties - I'm already ready for fall so I can wear them again!
19. Fringe bag - I'm obsessed with fringe!

No comments:

Post a Comment