Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Walking gets boring when you learn to fly!


You know those personality questions: 1. If you could be any animal, what would you be? and, 2. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Well, my answers have always been: 1. A parrot so I can fly and still be able to talk, and 2. I want to fly!


The other night I had a dream that I was flying. If you know me at all, you know that I dream A LOT and love to analyze my dreams. I feel like they tell me how I am really feeling instead of what I tell myself I am feeling. For instance, during times of high stress, I often dream of tornadoes. And, when I have a really strange recurring dream (for example: that I'm being chased by alligators) I look up the meaning on my favorite dream website: Dream Moods.


The last time I had a flying dream like this was when I lived in New York. In that one, I was soaring really fast and there were tons of huge rocks flying at me and I was just bouncing off of them gaining speed with each one. I decided at the time that it must mean that I felt as if I was flying through life and overcoming obstacles with ease... And, it was true. I did run into a lot of obstacles in New York and it was there that I learned what I was really capable of. 


This most recent flying dream, however, was very peaceful. I was just floating and spinning around having fun. Both dreams were so realistic and amazing. I think these flying dreams are my subconscious' way of telling me that I am happy. The first one was more about excelling and excitement (which was what I was after in New York) while this one was more about peacefulness, contentment and fun. I love being able to fly... Even if it's only in my dreams :)

No comments:

Post a Comment