Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Motherhood

For those of you who are totally sick of me talking about Scarlet, I apologize. But, I just love her so much! Ed and I really do feel like we've become parents having her. We are trying to teach her right and wrong, feel discouraged and down on ourselves when she doesn't get it, and she has become our main topic of conversation. I love seeing how puppies' personalities come out and Scarlet has a big one!  Here are a few things we've learned about her so far...
She loves her little toy frog I got her... Which is funny because I got it for her on our way to go get her and turns out she sits like a frog.

She loves to sleep and cuddle.

She LOVES boyfriend (that's what she calls him)

She HATES being left in her kennel


But above all, she loves her mommy. She is so attached she lays on my clothes in the bathroom while I'm in the shower :)


She really has been coming out of her shell these last few days. Her tail has started coming out and wagging and she's even started asserting herself by barking when she hears something strange. She runs up to every stranger as if she expects them to pet her and tell her how adorable she is (which most of the time they do). 

She's not a big fan of being outside... Her dream day would be to cuddle, sleep, eat and repeat.  She's so spoiled that she even prefers ice in her water. But last night we took her to the park by my apartment with Ed's dog, Lilly, and she had so much fun running around and chasing the ball. AND, she went potty outside last night and this morning!!! We've been almost 24 hours without any accidents :) I'm a proud mama!

1 comment:

  1. No I can't get enough of Scarlet! She is so cute and made me want to have one too! Put more of her photos!

    ReplyDelete